Together for Hope and U.S. Poverty Statistics
Together for Hope Statistics
- CBF allots $55,000 for program budgeting for TFH annually.
- The collective budget for the TFH coalition in 2016 was over $1.2 million.
U.S. Poverty Statistics
- 2017 County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, A Robert Wood Johnson Foundation program, http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/reports/2017-county-health-rankings-key-findings-report
- In Perry County Alabama where Sowing Seeds of Hope is located (one of our TFH sites), 54% of children live in poverty and 70% live in single-parent households.
- In Holmes County Mississippi, one of the original 20 counties identified by TFH, 74% of children live in single-parent households.
- In East Carroll Parish Louisiana, where TFH Louisiana calls home, 56% of children live in poverty.
- In Corson County South Dakota, 60% of children live in poverty (3 times higher than the national average) and in Ziebach County, one of our original 20 counties, 54% of children live in poverty.
- In Owsley County, where Paula Settle has been a TFH practitioner for years, 62% of children live in poverty. (over 3 times the national average)
- USDA, Economic Research Service, https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/rural-economy-population/rural-classifications/
Poverty in Rural Counties 2016 Report, National Association of Counties