MEI Grant Administrator and Catalytic Coach
Prosser served the senior leadership team of CBF from August, 2002 until September, 2017. As the Coordinator for Congregational Life, he was called to bring his 25 years as a career congregational Christian educator to the churches and church leaders of the Fellowship. Though his title changed in several reorganizations, his challenge throughout the years has always been to help make the Fellowship more relevant to its constituent congregations.
As a result, his teams have developed the It's Time program for spiritual formation, the You've Got the Time! Bible listening experience, a congregational prayer retreat model and, most recently, the Dawnings initiative. Additionally, his leadership has led to the production of several congregational discipleship pieces, Christianity for Beginners for adults, the Becoming Like Christ series for youth and children, Destinations, an annual planning resource and Klesis, an adult discipleship resource.
He has written the “Prayers of the People” article for fellowship! magazine since 2011. His focus on spiritual formation has been directly responsible for the deepening of prayer experiences for individuals and congregations across the fellowship and beyond. He has also written extensively around adult learning, creativity and leadership.
His leadership has provided funding from donors and direction for congregations across the fellowship. The Dawnings Inititative, CBF Fellows, and resource development are sustainable in part because of his efforts. Prosser has also given leadership to restructuring the areas of new church starts and chaplaincy and pastoral counseling.
In his last full time role as Coordinator of Organizational Relationships, Prosser was responsible for deepening relationships with existing partners, developing relationships with new partners, working with CBF state and regional leaders and supporting the work of the Young Baptist Ecosystem.
Bo will continue in his leadership with the CBF Fellows and Dawnings. He will continue a busy schedule as writer, coach and speaker. He has been an adjunct professor at several of CBF's partner seminaries, author/co-author/contributor to more than 15 books and over 50 professional articles.
Bo holds an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, an MRE and M.Div. from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., and his Doctorate from North Carolina State University in Adult Education. He is a storyteller, improvisational trainer and professional coach.
He is married to Gail, has two adult daughters, and two grandchildren. In his spare time, he writes music (he has performed at the world famous Bluebird Café in Nashville) and collects Coca-Cola memorabilia and old baseball cards.
- Author – Sessions in Philippians – Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2011.
- Author – Approaching a Missional Mindset – Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2008.
- Author - Promotion Plus - Nashville: Convention Press – 1992.
- Co-Author – Marriage Ministry: A Guidebook; Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2004.
- Co-Author – Help! I teach Youth Sunday School; Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2004.
- Editor/Co-Author – Building Blocks for Sunday School Growth – Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2002
- Spanish Translation: Bloques para armar una Escuela Dominical solida –Editorial Mundo Hispano, 2008
- Co-Author - Lessons from the Cloth-501 Motivators for Leaders - Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 1999
- Co-Author- Lessons from the Cloth–501 MORE Motivators for Leaders - Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2013
- Contributing Author – CBF at 25: Stories of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, “Missional Conversations” – Macon, GA: Nurturing Faith, 2016
- Contributing Author – Music Ministry: A Guidebook – Macon, GA: Smyth & Helwys, 2004.
- Contributing Author - Walk Right (Teaching Guide) - Nashville: Baptist Center for Ethics - 1996
- Contributing Author - Vision 2000 - Teaching Methods for Adult Learners - Nashville: Convention Press - 1995
- Contributing Author - Facing Critical Issues in Christian Education - Nashville: Convention Press - 1995
- Contributing Author - Church Administration from A to Z - Nashville: Convention Press - 1994
- Contributing Author - Single Adult Leadership Notebook - 1991
- Fifty-plus articles in professional journals and publications (portfolio available)
- Director, The Center for Christian Education (non-profit consulting & coaching agency) 1999 to present
- Conference Leader, Motivational Speaker, Coach/Consultant - Corporate and Non-Profit Organizations
- Visiting Professor - Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond - Doctor of Ministry program
- Adjunct Professor - Gardner Webb School of Divinity; McAfee School of Theology
- Guest Lecturer – Campbell Divinity School, Candler School of Theology, Campbell University
- Society of Scholars – Oxford University, Oxford, UK
- Excellence in Christian Education Award – Smyth & Helwys Publishing - 2000
- Ordaination - Hardwick Baptist Church - 1978