Events and Calendar
Interim Ministry for Today's Church Conference
The Interim Ministry for Today’s Church conference provides advanced training in interim ministry to:
- Develop a covenant with a congregation that clearly describes the responsibilities of the interim pastor and the congregation.
- Enter a congregation in order to more quickly join with the church and its ministry.
- Study the health of a congregation and determine where the church might need assistance.
- Articulate the ethics of the interim pastor’s involvement in planning for the church’s future, including appropriate contact with the Pastor Search Committee.
- Prepare the church for the coming of a new pastor.
- Exit a congregation in a way to provide good closure for ministry and the opening of a new chapter in the church’s life.
This conference qualifies as 17 of the 85 hours required for training as an intentional interim pastor, and is a prerequisite for enrollment in training for Intentional Interim Ministry offered by the Center for Congregational Health and recognized by the Interim Ministry Network.
CBF ministers receive a $100 scholarship! Register online here.
As ministers, we are called to share in conversations—sometimes difficult ones. Perhaps the only thing we agree on is that we disagree.
In the context of the congregation, how do we lead when disagreement arises? How do we work together, despite our disagreements, to do the work of the Gospel of Christ? Where do we give space for God in hard conversations? Can we discern what conversations really matter in our contexts for today? For many of us, 2016 will be a year of hard conversations politically, socially and theologically.
Join your colleagues in Asheville, N.C., for a time to reflect and consider why conversations matter and consider how we as ministers are compelled to lead, even when challenged.
The keynote speaker for ChurchWorks 2016 is Prince Rivers, a trained facilitator for the Center for Courage and Renewal, founded by Parker Palmer. Prince has served as Senior Pastor since 1999 and, since 2005, he has served among the people of United Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church in Winston Salem, N.C. Prince convenes, leads and consults with diverse groups of clergy and non-profit leaders. He has authored several online and print publications, including “One + One + One = Five”, a chapter in Pastoral Work: Engagements with Eugene Paterson (Jason Byassee, editor, 2014). He is presently working on a preaching commentary on the gospel of John for Smyth & Hewlys Publishers. Prince and his wife live in Winston Salem with their two young children.
Registration is now open! Register before February 1 and receive a discounted registration fee.
Early bird: $60 (Before Feb. 1, 2016)
Regular: $85 (After February 1, 2016)
One day registration: $30
Currently Enrolled at a CBF Partner Seminary: $30
The 2016 ChurchWorks Conference is created and planned by a passionate team of leaders throughout the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Please be in prayer for the lead team as they plan. For more information, please contact Josh Speight at email@example.com.