Go to the Advent Resources post on the CBF blog and read or contribute comments.
- Words That Shape and Form - a forty-day resource for use by individuals, small groups, and congregations produced by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Ideal for the Lenten season and other forty-day periods of the Christian year, Words That Shape and Form helps participants explore the meaning and transforming potential of words like advent, missional, and xenos. With reflection questions and spiral binding, this resource makes for an exceptional devotional piece or small group study.
- Download the 2008 Advent Devotional Guide - CBF has partnered with BaptistWay Press to produce this Advent Devotional Guide in cooperation with the North American Baptist Fellowship of the Baptist World Alliance.
- www.textweek.com/advent.htm - Textweek.com is the premier online worship preparation site (especially if your church follows the Christian calendar). This particular page is for Advent resources.
- www.followingthestar.org/ - Followingthestar.org is an online Advent devotional experience created by Passport (youth and children’s camping options) in partnership with CBF, PC USA, and the Episcopal Church. It is done really well. You can sign up to receive reminders daily through Advent. I highly recommend that you share it with your church members.
- 'Tis the Season: Church Celebrations for Advent and Christmas - This excellent resource from Judson Press offers 18 different programs for use during Advent and Christmas. Programs include worship services, celebrations, dramas, workshops, and more! Check out the companion Web site for free downloads and handouts.
- www.cbp21.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=3029 - Looking for a printed piece/devotional? The Christian Board of Publication (Disciples/Chalice Press) has a long tradition of publishing wonderful Advent and Lenten devotionals. This page will take you directly to this year’s Advent publication.
- www.baptiststandard.com/2000/12_4/pages/cyber.html - Not sure about this whole Advent thing? Well, here’s a great article on how other CBF partnering congregations are observing the Season.
- Preparing for Advent - Finally, I’ve made available a PowerPoint presentation from my previous local church ministry. Feel free to modify it to suit your purposes. You might use it as a primer on Advent for church members on a Wednesday or Sunday prior to the Season.
- Advent Wreath Liturgy 2007 - A gift from Courtney Krueger from FBC Pendleton, SC.
- 2007 Home Advent Worship Booklet from First Baptist Church Decatur, GA
- Advent devotional guides from First Baptist Church, Marietta, GA
(These are large files and may take a minute to download)
- Simply Wait: Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent - a printed resource available through Upper Room. Be sure to check out the other Advent resources available through Upper Room.
- Advent order of worship cover art, designed by Lauren Baker, The First Baptist Church of Ahoskie, NC.